Associate/Scientist – Phys Chem
Burlington, MA, USA | (Hybrid/Remote)
ProtaGene is a world-leading analytic CRO partner for the biopharmaceutical and cell and gene therapy industries. From research through product commercialization, we provide the most advanced, integrated, and Quality system driven analytic capabilities and packages for biologic therapeutics as well as cell and gene therapy platforms. Our deep history of analytical leadership in protein-based therapeutics stems from the merger of Protagen Protein Services in Europe and BioAnalytix in the US. In 2021 GeneWerk’s unique capabilities in vector safety, integration site analysis, and bioinformatics were integrated into our platforms and service offerings, establishing ProtaGene. The organization operates over four sites in Europe and North America, and works with leading large pharma, biopharmaceutical, and gene therapy companies worldwide.
We are seeking an experienced and talented Scientist to play an important role in expanding the physical-chemical analysis of biotherapeutics using chromatography, electrophoresis, biochemical and biophysical techniques within ProtaGene. The ideal candidate should be familiar with general analytical techniques used for biotherapeutics characterization. The candidate is expected to work closely with scientific team members both within ProtaGene and with leading pharmaceutical partners and customers. The position will report to the Associate Director of Analytical Sciences.
- Daily operation, maintenance and troubleshooting for various analytical instrumentations including chromatography, electrophoresis, microplate readers (for spectroscopic chemical and biochemical assays, kinetics assays), etc.
- Participate in the development and qualification of analytic methods for diverse established and emerging product platforms and summarize data into reports for regulatory packages in biotherapeutics development.
- Successfully design and perform experiments for advanced characterizations of complex biotherapeutics.
- Summarize project results to enable successful delivery according to project plans and timelines.
- Document experiments, results and findings in ELN or LIMS system formats; deliver results with the highest level of excellence and integrity.
- Prepare, review and present project progress and results both internally and externally.
- BS degree or master’s degree or entry-level PhD in chemistry/life sciences/bioengineering
2+ years biopharmaceutical or CRO experience a plus
- Hands-on experiences on various physical-chemical analysis techniques including chromatography and/or electrophoresis is a must.
- General knowledge for biotherapeutics analytical development (e.g., method qualification and assay transfer) and process development (cell culture and purification) is a strong plus.
- Familiarity with additional biophysical techniques (e.g., SEC-MALS, DSC, AUC, CD, FT-IR, MFI, ELISA and Biacore) or LC-MS analysis of biotherapeutics is a plus, but not required.
- Highly motivated team member with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience with analysis of nucleotides a plus.
Apply for Associate/Scientist – Phys Chem
Job Application North America
"*" indicates required fields