Proposal Writing Specialist, Protein and Gene Therapy Services
Burlington, MA, USA
Company Overview: ProtaGene is a world leading CRO partner for the biopharmaceutical industry, providing the most advanced, integrated, and complete service capabilities and packages from early product development AD programs through CMC, clinical trials support testing, and product post commercialization lifecycle analytics. In July 2021, BioAnalytix/Protagen Protein Services announced their merger with genetic analysis leader GeneWerk, under new ownership of Ampersand Capital Partners. With the addition of GeneWerk’s unique capabilities in vector safety, integration site analysis, and bioinformatics, the Company’s combined protein and gene-based analytical platforms make it a leading analytic service provider across both the biopharmaceutical and the gene & cell therapy development spaces. The combined organization currently has more than 225 employees across four sites in Europe and North America and works in advancing therapeutic platforms with leading biopharma and gene therapy companies worldwide.
Candidate Role: Reporting to the Executive Director of Business Development, the Proposal Writer Specialist is expected to play a key role in generation of business proposals to our North American client base for ProtaGene’s protein and gene analytics service portfolio offered through our combined facilities in Burlington Massachusetts and Dortmund and Heidelberg Germany.
A high degree of focus on the proposal generation process is expected from the continuing development and improvement of the quote writing systems and procedures, through the individual molecule-specific program design, generation of the proposal itself, including revisions and coordination with business development team members through proposal finalization.
For certain categories of clients and proposals, direct client interaction and proposal creation and management will be very important, as will the ability to succeed in a complex technical/service environment.
The ideal candidate should have scientific, product development, or program management experience in the biopharmaceutical or biotech space and is expected to work closely with our sales and marketing team members, scientific staff, and other levels of operations both here in US and also with our Germany-based colleagues. Whereas in-house scientific leads will work with the Proposal Writer Specialist to frame out the technical scope and details of the Proposal, the ability to understand and convert complex topics and a well-organized document is required.
- Develop and write proposals for new scientific contracts and programs
- Work with scientific and operational leads to gather information and develop the Proposal scope and program details across preclinical through late clinical phases of drug development
- Write quality proposals outlining a well-written and clear strategy with appropriate level of detail
- Work closely with internal operations, business development, and marketing teams
- Assess and report progress in meeting professional and departmental objectives
- Contribute to development of proposal writing tools, systems, best-practices
- Coordinate with client contacts and admins and maintain excellence in professional relationships
- Contribute to creation of new templates (business reviews, sales decks & proposals)
- Maintain standards for templates, marketing decks and client facing documents
- Maintain compliance with internal policies
Skills and Attributes:
- Strong communication skills
- High energy. Highly motivated
- Excellent organizational skills
- Extremely detail oriented and thorough, developing a finished document product for clients
- Very adept document writer in English
- Have excellent time management skills
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty
- Ability to cultivate productive client relationships
- Degree in Life Sciences highly preferred, or degree in business, marketing, or related field
- Experience in writing technical documents, reports, or other business proposals
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
Apply for Proposal Writing Specialist, Protein and Gene Therapy Services
Job Application North America
"*" indicates required fields