Scientist Protein Analytics (m/f/d)
Dortmund, Germany, Europe
ProtaGene is a world-leading analytic CRO partner for the biopharmaceutical and cell and gene therapy industries. From research through product commercialization, we provide the most advanced, integrated, and Quality system driven analytic capabilities and packages for biologic therapeutics as well as cell and gene therapy platforms. Our deep history of analytical leadership in protein-based therapeutics stems from the merger of Protagen Protein Services in Europe and BioAnalytix in the US. In 2021 GeneWerk’s unique capabilities in vector safety, integration site analysis, and bioinformatics were integrated into our platforms and service offerings, establishing ProtaGene. The organization operates over four sites in Europe and North America, and works with leading large pharma, biopharmaceutical, and gene therapy companies worldwide.
Please click here to see the German Translation.
- Analysis of recombinant proteins and therapeutic protein drugs in a GMP environment
- Characterization of proteins and biosimilars with focus on gel electrophoretic methods
- Careful planning and execution of laboratory work as well as evaluation, documentation and reporting of data for customer projects – also in a GMP-regulated environment (e.g. individual tests, method development, qualification, validation)
- Further development of methods and procedures
- Documentation and maintenance of experimental data according to internal specifications and the guidelines of ‘Good Documentation Practice‘
- Writing of test reports, SOPs and test specifications
- Review of experimental data, test reports, SOPs and test specifications
- Assuming responsibility for laboratory equipment – also in a GMP-regulated environment (e.g. maintenance, functional testing, qualification, conducting training)
- You have a successfully completed Master’s degree or PhD in proteomics, analytical chemistry, biochemistry or a related field.
- If you have a PhD, postdoctoral research experience is an advantage.
- You will bring advanced hands-on skills in 1D gel electrophoresis of proteins, 2D gel electrophoresis (IEF, SDS-PAGE) of proteins, Western blotting, immunodetection, ELISA/HCP coverage analysis, silver staining, DIGE, image analysis (qualitative and quantitative), among others.
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to problem solve independently and work effectively in a cross-functional team complete your profile.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills come naturally to you.
- Responsible and varied tasks
- Collaboration in a dynamically growing life science company with over 170 employees
- Optimal training and individual development opportunities
- A motivating work environment
- Fresh fruit and drinks at your disposal
- Appreciation, openness and respect as well as a lively feedback culture
We are looking forward to receiving your complete application documents in English or in German, including a letter of motivation, information on the possible starting date and your salary expectations in one or two PDF files by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for Scientist Protein Analytics (m/f/d)
Job Application Europe
"*" indicates required fields