Sr/Director of Business Development – Protein & Gene Analytics
Burlington, MA, USA | (Hybrid/Remote)
Company Overview: ProtaGene is a world leading CRO partner for the biopharmaceutical industry, providing the most advanced, integrated, and complete service capabilities and packages from early product development AD programs through CMC, clinical trials support testing, and product post commercialization lifecycle analytics. In July 2021, BioAnalytix/Protagen Protein Services announced their merger with genetic analysis leader GeneWerk, under new ownership of Ampersand Capital Partners. With the addition of GeneWerk’s unique capabilities in vector safety, integration site analysis, and bioinformatics, the Company’s combined protein and gene-based analytical platforms make it a leading analytic service provider across both the biopharmaceutical and the gene & cell therapy development spaces. The combined organization currently has more than 225 employees across four sites in Europe and North America and works in advancing therapeutic platforms with leading biopharma and gene therapy companies worldwide.
Candidate Role: Reporting to the Executive Director of Business Development, the Sr/Director of Business Development is expected to play a key role in organizational development and sales activities for the Company’s protein and gene analytic platform offerings in the designated North American territories, to include Mid-West US Regions, and related territories in Canada. The focus includes expansion of sales covering our full protein and gene testing service portfolio, represented by the total breadth of protein and gene analytic services offered through our combined facilities in Burlington, Massachusetts and Dortmund, Heidelberg, and Heilbronn in Germany.
A high degree of focus on the entire sales process is expected from customer segmentation, lead-generation, initial engagement, program design through close, with success at each stage. Client relationship management will be very important, as will the combination of the ability to succeed in a complex sales/collaborative close environment. And whereas the primary goal is an increase of sales against plan and gaining of market share, this role will be expected to contribute to the building of the business development/sales function including the team and supporting sales processes within the organization as we grow.
The ideal candidate should have proven success and established relationships selling into the life sciences market, specifically into leading pharmaceutical and biotech companies developing biologics and Cell/Gene therapies and is expected to work closely with our sales and marketing team members and all levels of corporate management both here in US and with our Germany-based colleagues.
- Expand the Gene and Protein analytic customer and sales volume in the US West and Mid-West markets.
- Co-manage/train West Coast BD Manager.
- Develop pipeline with successful new sales close/bookings to meet/exceed plan.
- Increase the value of current customers while attracting new ones.
- Research organizations and individuals to identify new opportunities.
- Develop key relationships with clients.
- Work closely with internal operations, sales and marketing teams, including direct involvement in development of evolving BD systems and processes.
- Develop proposals for clients and achieve short and long term sales goals and plans.
- Assess and report progress in meeting objectives.
- Contribute to development of strategies, tactics, sales plans and targets.
- Identify and report on business opportunities in target markets.
- Represent the business at virtual and in-person conferences, trade shows and networking events.
- Maintain compliance with internal policies.
Skills and Attributes
- Strong communication skills.
- High energy. Highly motivated.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty.
- Ability to cultivate productive client relationships.
- Successful win-win negotiation.
- Prospecting Skills.
- Sales Planning.
- Degree in Life Sciences highly preferred.
- Degree in business, marketing or related field.
- Experience with proven sales success in advanced Biologic and Gene Therapy Markets.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
Apply for Sr/Director of Business Development – Protein & Gene Analytics
Job Application North America
"*" indicates required fields