ProtaGene California Applicant Privacy Notice
Effective Date: April 2023
This Applicant Privacy Notice (“Notice”) applies to Personal Information of California residents who submit applications for employment (“Applicants”) to ProtaGene US, Inc. (“ProtaGene,” “we,” “us,” or “our”). This Notice is provided pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act, as amended (the “CCPA”). This Notice should be read in conjunction with all other policies that govern your relationship with us.
We take the privacy of our applicants very seriously. Please read this Notice carefully as it contains important information about the personal information that we collect, why we collect it, how long we keep it, and whether it is sold to or shared with third parties.
When we use the term “Personal Information” in this Notice, we are referring to any information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with Applicants. Personal Information does not include information that is publicly available, deidentified, or aggregated.
Unless explicitly stated otherwise, the disclosures contained in this Notice include our activities in the twelve (12) months preceding the Effective Date, as well as our current practices.
Notice of Collection and Use of Personal Information
As a part of the recruitment process and related activities, we need to collect and use your personal information to facilitate your application for employment with us. Your personal information may also be used for purposes of internal administration and compliance with legal and regulatory obligations.
Personal Information We Collect About You
We collect and use the following categories of personal information about you:
|Categories of Personal Information Collected|
Our sources for this information:
- We receive this information directly from you when you apply for a position or when communicating with us
- Some information is automatically collected when you visit our websites or use our mobile applications
- Some information is collected by service providers on our behalf
3. How and Why We Use Your Personal Information
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
|A. Purposes for Collecting and Using Your Personal Information|
|Managing Human Resource Functions:
Third parties we share this information with:
- Our trusted third-party service providers and affiliates who provide a service to us or assist us with facilitating job applications
- Our auditors, consultants, accountants, attorneys and others providing advice to us
- Any other party where we have obtained your consent or authorization
In addition to the categories of third parties identified above, we may disclose personal information about applicants to third parties in connection with corporate transactions.
Whether Personal Information Will Be Sold or Shared
We do not sell or share (for cross-context behavioral advertising) the personal information of applicants.
Right to Know
You have the right to request that we provide certain information to you about our collection of your personal information. Such information shall cover the 12-month period preceding our receipt of your request. Upon our receipt of your verified request, we will provide you with the following:
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you
- The categories of sources from which we have collected your personal information
- Our business or commercial purpose(s) for collecting or selling your personal information
- The categories of third parties with whom we have shared your personal information
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you
You have the right to request that we provide certain information to you about our disclosures and sales of your personal information. Such information shall cover the 12-month period preceding our receipt of your request. Upon our receipt of your verified request, we will provide you with the following:
- The categories of personal information we have collected from you
- The categories of personal information we have sold about you and the categories of third parties to whom we sold such information, by category or categories of personal information for each category of third parties to whom the personal information was sold
- The categories of personal information that we disclosed about you for a business purpose
We have not, and do not, sell personal information. You may only make a verifiable “Right to Know” request twice within a 12-month period.
Right to Delete
You have the right at any time to request that we delete your personal information; however, in some cases we cannot delete all or some of your personal information as required or permitted by applicable laws.
Right to Correct
You have the right to request that we correct inaccurate personal information that we maintain about you. However, in some cases, we may deny requests to correct inaccurate personal information, or may alternatively delete such personal information.
Right to Nondiscrimination
We will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights under the CCPA with respect to your application for employment. Further, we will not retaliate against you in any way for exercising your rights under the CCPA.
How Long Your Personal Information Will Be Kept
We will retain your information for a period reasonably necessary to evaluate job applications, and if you are hired, information obtained may be moved to your employee record. Thereafter, we will keep your personal information:
- To respond to any questions, complaints or claims made by you or on your behalf;
- To show that we treated you fairly; or
- To keep records required by law.
We will not retain your personal information for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this Notice. Different retention periods apply for different types of personal information.
When it is no longer necessary to retain your personal information, we will delete or anonymize it.
How to Contact Us to Exercise Your Rights
To submit a request to exercise your “Right to Know” or “Right to Delete” or “Right to Correct” rights provided in this notice, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or submit your request by phone by calling us at 857-829-3200. We will evaluate the request and take action where required to do so
We will confirm receipt of your request within 10 business days and will provide information about how we will process your request. We endeavor to respond to your request as soon as we can, within the timeframes permitted under the CCPA. If we are not able to respond to your request within 45 days, we will let you know that we may require additional time (up to 90 total days).
Verification of Requests and Authorized Agents
We may have to verify your identity when you contact us to exercise your “Right to Know” or your “Right to Delete.” Our verification process may vary depending on the nature of your request. However, generally, we will verify your request by asking you to:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized agent.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm that the personal information relates to you.
You may also use an authorized agent to exercise your rights on your behalf. If you wish to use an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf, unless you have provided the authorized agent with power of attorney, we may require that: (1) you provide your authorized agent signed permission to do so; (2) you verify your identity; and (3) you confirm that you have provided the authorized agent permission to submit the request. We may deny any request from an authorized agent that does not submit proof that they have been authorized by you to act on your behalf.
Your authorized agent may make a request on your behalf by contacting us at email@example.com.
We may amend this Notice from time to time. When we do, we will post the revised Notice on our website indicating when the Notice was last updated.