CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT NOTICE
Last Updated: January 2022
When we use the term “personal information” in this notice, we are referring to information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you or your household such as your real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, social security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers. Personal information does not include publicly-available information and certain other information that is regulated by certain other applicable laws that are exempted from the requirements of the CCPA, such as personal health information subject to The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (“HIPAA”).
Your Rights and Choices under the CCPA
Right to Know
You have the right to request that we provide certain information to you about our collection of your personal information. Such information shall cover the 12-month period preceding our receipt of your request. Upon our receipt of your verified request, we will provide you with the following:
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you
- The categories of sources from which we have collected your personal information
- Our business or commercial purpose(s) for collecting or selling your personal information
- The categories of third parties with whom we have shared your personal information; and
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you
You have the right to request that we provide certain information to you about our disclosures and sales of your personal information. Such information shall cover the 12-month period preceding our receipt of your request. Upon our receipt of your verified request, we will provide you with the following:
- The categories of personal information we have collected from you
- The categories of personal information we have sold about you and the categories of third parties to whom we sold such information, by category or categories of personal information for each category of third parties to whom the personal information was sold; and
- The categories of personal information that we disclosed about you for a business purpose
You may only make a verifiable “Right to Know” request twice within a 12-month period.
Right to Opt-Out
We do not sell your personal information, however, we are required to let you know that you have the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information at any time if we ever engage in such activity.
Right to Delete
You have the right at any time to request that we delete your personal information. However, in some cases we cannot delete all or some of your personal information as required or permitted by applicable laws.
Right to Non-Discrimination
We will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights under the CCPA, such as by denying you products and services, charging you different rates or prices, including use of discounts or penalties, or suggesting or providing a different level of service or quality of products to you. However, we may charge a different price or provide a different level or quality of products and services if the price or difference is directly related to the value provided to you by your personal information.
We may from time to time offer you financial incentives, including payments to you as compensation, for collecting, or deleting your personal information. We also may offer a different price, rate, level, or quality of goods or services if that price or difference is directly related to the value provided to you by your personal information.
Information We Collect
|Category of Information||Examples|
|A. Identifiers||Name, postal address, Internet Protocol address, email address, job title, device identifiers, account name, or other similar identifiers|
|B. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).||Name, address, or telephone number. Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.|
|F. Internet or other similar network activity||Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.|
|I. Professional or employment-related information||Information about current and past employment.|
|J. Inferences drawn from other personal information.||Profile reflecting a person’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.|
Our Sources for Personal Information
We collect personal information from you when you provide it to us, when you use our Site, and when you interact with us, including through social media and at trade shows that we attend. We also automatically collect some information when you visit our Site.
Our Business Purposes for Collecting Personal Information
- To provide our Site and analyze your use of it;
- Provide information that you request from us;
- To optimize the Site and your experience using it;
- To communicate with you in order to keep you informed about our company, products and services;
- Facilitate your participation in any contest or promotion that we offer;
- To assess your candidacy for a position that you applied to and to facilitate your employment application;
- To perform research or to conduct analytics in order to improve and customize our Site to our users’ needs and interests;
- To market our products and services;
- To detect and prevent illegal activity or any other type of activity that may jeopardize or negatively affect the integrity of the Site;
- To support and troubleshoot our Site, to respond to your queries and communicate with you;
- To comply with our obligations under contracts and applicable law; and
- To investigate violations and enforce our policies, and as required by law, regulation or other governmental authority, or to comply with a subpoena or similar legal process or respond to a government request.
Sharing Personal Information
- Our service providers and subcontractors
- Our affiliates and subsidiaries
- Third parties to whom you authorize us to disclose your personal information
- To comply with a legal requirement, judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process
- To investigate a possible crime, such as fraud or identity theft
- In connection with the sale, purchase, merger, reorganization, liquidation or dissolution of a ProtaGene entity, or steps taken in anticipation of such events (e.g., due diligence in a transaction)
- When we believe it is necessary to protect the rights, property, or safety of ProtaGene or other persons
- As otherwise required or permitted by law, including any contractual obligations of ProtaGene.
To submit a request to exercise your “Right to Know” or “Right to Delete” rights provided in this California privacy notice, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org, or call us at 857-829-3200 to submit your request. We will evaluate the request and take action where required to do so.
Depending on the nature of your request, we may have to verify your identity when you contact us. We may do this by asking you to:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized agent.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm that the personal information relates to you.
We endeavor to respond to your request as soon as we can. If we are not able to respond to your request within 45 days, we will let you know that we may require additional time (up to 90 total days).
You may also use an authorized agent to exercise your rights on your behalf. If you wish to use an authorized agent, we require that your authorized agent provide written proof to us that he or she is authorized to act on your behalf, and we may also require your authorized agent to verify his or her own identity. To appoint an authorized agent, please contact us at email@example.com.