New Advanced Analytics Lab in North America
New Burlington BioCenter Lab Expands ProtaGene’s Analytics Capabilities & Capacity
June 28, 2022
ProtaGene is thrilled to announce the opening of our brand-new, state-of-the-art lab and office headquarters in the Burlington BioCenter, located in Boston’s rapidly growing biotechnology hub.
Our Cambridge lab has served our clients and us well. However, we need additional space to offer new capabilities required to advance today’s therapeutics and provide additional capacity to meet the growing demand for our analytical services.
Foundation for the Industry’s Next-stage Innovation and Growth
ProtaGene’s new laboratory will be positioned centrally among the over 400 leading biopharma companies in Massachusetts, allowing ample opportunities for direct partnered development programs with some of the industry’s best and brightest.
The new facility features:
- 27,000 square feet of brand-new Class-A lab and office space—triple the size of our current facility
- Custom-designed protein and gene analytic labs, systems, and workflows
- Centrally located Sample receiving, log-in, storage and monitoring
- Facility and systems designed to run under advanced Quality Systems
- Expanded biologic drug analytics capacity
- Enhanced vector analytics, gene expression analysis, and genetic analysis capacity
- Addition of GeneWerk Integration Site Analysis – essential for assessing the biosafety of gene therapy vectors throughout their development and regulatory approval processes
Our move from 790 Memorial Drive in Cambridge was planned in controlled phases to ensure full analytic, operational, and project continuity from one site to the next. Thoughtful and strict planning has been undertaken to minimize disruptions through the transition.
4 Burlington Woods Drive
Burlington, MA 01803